Tell a user about the page
Search the manuals in this group:
VPN - remote network access
VPN (Virtual Private Network) makes it possible to access the Chalmers computing resources over the Internet from or other places outside of Chalmers. A computer connected to the Chalmers VPN is regarded as a Chalmers computer within Chalmers computer network because it has a Chalmers IP address (129.16.xy)
The Chalmers VPN is not primarily a security solution, but above all a way to extend the Chalmers computer network further. When the VPN is connected, you must activate the services you want to use, for example connect home/group directories according to its documentation.
When connected to Chalmers VPN you may have problems accessing other networks and their services, even if the computer is physically located there, eg printers and internal web. To access this, you must disconnect from Chalmers VPN.
- Server Name: vpn-gw.chalmers.se
- VPN type:
- L2TP over IPSec
- Data Encryption: required. Try to choose 128-bit encryption (which is the maximum currently)
- Authentication: MSCHAP v2 (password).
- To gain access to the VPN, you must be authenticateted, use your CID.
Note that you remain connected if you do not disconnect your computer. Do not forget to disconnect.
- Pre-Shared Key: pre-Shared Key for L2TP over IPSec is available after logging in with CID via:
- Gateway ID: should be left blank
- Phase1 Algorithms: 3des-sha1-modp1024
- Phase2 Algorithms: 3des-sha1
Tell a user or a colleague about the page!
If you would like to tip a colleague about this page, fill in the captcha above to arrive at the email form.